Volunteer for the
2018 Hawaii Book & Music Festival!
Saturday, May 5 & Sunday, May 6
Last Day to Sign Up - Thursday, May 3rd
Hawaii Book & Music Festival: A Celebration of Story and Song
The Hawaii Book & Music Festival is a unique event in Hawaii that celebrates books, storytelling, and music and bring it to thousands of people of all ages, backgrounds, and tastes. It takes over a hundred volunteers to make this event a success.
Volunteers are needed to help as:
- Vendor Driveway Guard for Vendors; Set-up – Friday only
- Book and Music Ohana (BAMO) Registration Attendants and Cashiers – Cash handling/credit card machine experience preferred
- Stage Attendants
- Auditorium Door Managers / Ushers
- VIP Parking Attendants
- Festival Runners
- Off-site Runners – Pickup and deliver off-site goods to festival grounds. Requires current license.
- Information Booth Attendants
- Festival Ambassadors and Surveys
- Ground Maintenance
- Cooking Venue Volunteers
- Clean-up crew – Sunday afternoon/eve only
We try to match needs to volunteer preferences, but cannot guarantee assignments. Currently, we have the most need for Sunday volunteers, but all shifts are open.
Volunteer shifts are:
- SET UP, Friday 12:30-3:30 PM
- Saturday AM (9am-1:30pm)
- Saturday PM (1pm-5:30pm
- Sunday AM (9am-1:30pm)
- Sunday PM (1pm-5:30pm)
- CLEAN UP, Sunday 4:30-6:30 PM
HBMF volunteers receive a special volunteer T-shirt and snacks. Volunteers who work a double-shift (full day) receive a $10 meal voucher redeemable at select HBMF food vendors. There is free parking for all volunteers.
We ask that volunteers:
- Be 18 years of age, or accompanied by a parent/adult guardian or troop leader if a group volunteer.
- Fill out our simple online Volunteer Registration Form and sign up for more as many positions as you are willing to fill. It helps us fill all positions, and we always do our best to place you in one of your top choices.
- Submit your completed HBMF Volunteer Registration Form and the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to confirm requested shifts.
- Remember to save the date!
Complete this form and click on the "Submit" button at the end of the form.